I love a tidy house. I am fortunate that my family tries to support me. You know the story "Love You Forever" where the adolescent child is just a mess, physically - his room that is? Well, I could never relate until I had a teenager. In the past, I would go into Nicholas' room and tidy up whenever things were "out of place." That stopped a little while ago as I'm trying to not only respect him and his room but also have him do the cleaning, which he is actually pretty good at. When it gets really bad (bad may be decent to some or atrocious to others) I have to really restrain myself from going in "there" so I just close his bedroom door and pretend it doesn't exist.
The other day, I walked by his room and started picking up since he has been busy lately and I wanted to "help." As I was sorting through things on the floor, I caught myself sniffing, yes sniffing clothes I picked up off the floor!! I can't believe I'm doing this. . .
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take the Quiz and Share Your Results! You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.
Playing Opposites
I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)
Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??




1 comment:
That's dangerous with a child of any age. As I've discovered while sniffing random selections from my 5-year old's undie basket...
Post a Comment