Thursday, October 9, 2008

Little White Lie & Honesty?

Okay, so my little Aidan has such a vibrant personality. It took him a while to talk but boy did he make up for it soon after he started. He is quite articulate and doesn't hold back sharing anything he feels. Anyway, today he came upstairs after eating breakfast (I was getting dressed; Matt makes breakfast every morning for the kids) and his hands were wet from washing them. Here's the conversation: Me- Aidan, you're supposed to dry your hands after you wash them. A - I did! Me - How come they're wet? A - I dried them but the water didn't come off." LOL.

Later today, Aidan and Ella were both in time out because they both hit each other (seriously, this is a first). After I spoke to both and let them out, Aidan said with a big SAD face, "Mommy, I said a prayer in time out that you wouldn't ever put me in time out again. I don't like it when you put me in time out. It's not nice." LOL

2 comments:

Katrina said...

That is so Funny!!!!

Carrie said...

He is so sweet. That is awesome that he knows he can pray anywhere, anytime.

I'm a Esme! I found out through TwilightersAnonymous.com. Which Twilight Female Are You? Take the quiz and find out!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!
You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.

Playing Opposites

I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)

Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??