I should be posting our pumpkin carving in our family or my kids' Halloween costumes maybe later; . . . I thought this was comical.
Okay, so most of you know that I have a hard time sleeping. Some nights are really bad and lately I have been pretty decent. The night before last, I think I finally fell asleep at 2:30 am and only woke up twice (to go to the bathroom, check on the kids). I woke up with the kids at 7 am.
Anyway, I went to Old Navy today to return something and as I was approaching the entrance door with kids and bag in one hand and purse and keys in the other, I found myself clicking my "Unlock" button on my keys to my car to open the doors to Old Navy! I kept thinking - why isn't it opening??
I'm going to bed early tonight - yeah, right! Happy Halloween! :)
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take the Quiz and Share Your Results! You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.
Playing Opposites
I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)
Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??




7 comments:
The no sleeping thing is such a battle. I hate when I get into those cycles; it completely alters everything and I've dealt with it off and on my whole life. I get it. I have no advice. I sometimes take Unisom 2-4 nights in a row to break the cycle and that works for me, gets me back to sleeping almost like a normal person for a few weeks or months. Some might say we are just too high strung :) Relaxing lavender bath and a backrub may or may not help, but it sure does feel nice :) PS, found your blog a few weeks ago, I think on Mindy's; now I'm a Brimley stalker!
So good to see you post on my blog! I love seeing pictures of everyone and their cute families.
That is too funny! Sounds like something I would do!
Isn't it funny how our minds go into "auto pilot" when we are lacking in sleep. At least you figured it out soon enough. Hope the sleeping thing gets better. Good luck.
Hahahaha!!
Susan that put a smile of my face!
I have to say that I have done similar things when I have been too tired! Thanks for sharing that story!!
Susan I definately can relate to sleep deprivation. That story is funny and I am sure I have done lots of things like this when I don't get my sleep after working all night. Jill
Post a Comment