Monday, March 16, 2009

Best Friends

As I've said before, I have such fun memories of my brother and I sharing a room up until I turned 8 or 9. Even then he would come to my room and sleep in my bed. We talked and laughed all night and wake up doing the same thing. I remember one night we snuck our cat into my room (it was an outside cat). We woke up to a horrid smell. The cat had pooped in my room.! We both scurried to clean it up at 2 or 3 am, opened my window (in the meantime freezing) to get the smell out so my parents wouldn't notice. Ah, the secrets we kept.

I love having Ella and Aidan share a room. They are pretty inseparable and call each other their "best buddy" all the time. When I found out I was pregnant with Aidan and realized they'd be about 17 months apart, I panicked. I absolutely love it now. They have a playmate constantly. I love listenening to them play and use their imagination when they don't know I'm present. It is precious.

So. . . every night we put them to bed like this:





And every night before I go to bed, I see them like this. It makes my heart swell.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

That is so sweet!

Trav and Linds said...

That is so precious! I love that they are such good buddies!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh goodness! That is so cute! Kinley and Tanner have always shared a room and I just love love LOVE it. One day maybe I'll throw Crew in there. They don't sleep TOGETHER though, at least not in their bunk beds. They do if they are in a big bed at grandmas or on the floor in a makeshift bed in the basement, but for some reason they find sleeping together in each other's bunks way too exciting and they just can't fall asleep! I had to outlaw the attempts because no one was getting any sleep. I think they would both fall apart if we tried to put them in separate rooms.

Robin said...

That is too precious! I know my kids being so close together will give them buddies for life.

Emily said...

Jonah climbed into Elora's pack n' play while she was asleep last night on our trip and woke her. It made me mad but it was also pretty sweet. They are such cute buddies and hopefully will remain so like your little angels.

I'm a Esme! I found out through TwilightersAnonymous.com. Which Twilight Female Are You? Take the quiz and find out!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!
You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.

Playing Opposites

I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)

Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??