Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 Highlights

Now that the holidays are over, I can breathe and get back to structure. I've neglected my blog and have missed it. Actually, my dinosaur of a camera died so blog postings were put on hold. Matt gave me an amazing one for Christmas and I absolutely love it!!

2008 was a low key but great year for us. First of all, Aidan turned 3 and started wearing underwear! Oh my goodness, we no longer have anyone in diapers - Yea! And although, Ella & Aidan may clash in their attire at times, they can also dress themselves!

Nicholas' football team (Timpview) took State this year and it was a blast watching every single JV and Varsity game (he plays both).

Ella turned 4 and lost her two front teeth! Where did my baby go?
We already know about Aidan.

This year we enjoyed staying close to home except for a couple trips to California and Washington. We decided to put money into our basement and back yard - still not complete. Matt and Nicholas' great accomplishment was ripping out our small wooden deck and buidling a larger version with Trex (20') 10' from the ground with stairs to the back in the middle of the smoldering summer heat. I'm excited to get my English cottage garden this spring! I have the plans all drawn up. I have spent countless hours researching plants, shrubs, flowers rocks, etc. Now I'm just patienly waiting for sun!! I'm already excited to post photos. I am just patienly waiting for sun!!

Here are a few photos of the year:

My mom is a kid at heart. I have fond memories of my mom playing with us tickling us and being silly. Seriously, like making silly faces, chasing us, scaring us, etc. I love my mom!! Here she is at 64 burying Aidan in the sand at Lovers Pointe Beach in Monterey, CA. He's loving it!


It was abnormally hot for Monterey (100s). I could not get the kids to come eat for the life of me. They loved climbing the rocks, playing in the sand and catching crabs!


Aidan's first birthday party - age 3. I think people thought I was brave to have a bunch of 3 year olds at the house but it was a blast!


The Sandy Aquarium was surprisingly fun. We all enjoyed touching the manta rays, seeing the sharks, seahorses and more!

Ella is absolutely in love with horses. She is in heaven here at a family wedding in August.


We decided on a whim to to self time a family Christmas photo since our original plans turned out to be quite comical. (A long story) It didn't turn out too bad.

Nicholas and Matt hit the slopes Christmas Eve. Nicholas, an avid snowboarder didn't earn enough money for a season pass this year. It was either a season pass at Sundance or I pay for his State Championship football ring. Guess which one he chose?


This is the first Christmas Aidan understood a little about Santa and presents. We were suprised how happy he was (of all things) to get Kung Fu Panda. I think I bought it more for me than him.


Our little princess was ecstatic to get another princess doll to add to her collection.! She is ALL girl.

4 comments:

mindy said...

Love the recap. Cute family picture! I can't wait to hear about your garden. Please share how you researched etc. I want a pretty garden too.

Trav and Linds said...

Cute pictures! It was good to talk to you yesterday and catch up too!

Skye said...

You have such a darling family. Isn't it nice to be able to keep in touch with blogging!

Emily said...

Great recap. Such a cute family.

I'm a Esme! I found out through TwilightersAnonymous.com. Which Twilight Female Are You? Take the quiz and find out!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!
You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.

Playing Opposites

I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)

Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??