I was just thinking how our house must sound if an audio recorder was in our house and it must sound the same every day (lately).
I swear I must say the following over and over - my poor kids:
1. "Aidan, go potty." He holds and holds until he seriously is doing the potty dance. I just see him do a little jig and it's "Aidan, go potty." I say this several times before he actually goes.
2. "Fingers, Aidan, fingers!" Aidan has a really bad habit (it has gotten worse the last 2 weeks) of biting his nails. He actually had his thumb infected a few weeks ago. I've tried everything from Thumb nail polish which is supposed to taste bitter, to a sticker chart for every 10 minutes he goes without biting, to mittens, to bandaids - ARGH and help!!
3. "Nope!" When Ella asks for something sweet which is everyday. Not that I don't give in. I have this "healthy" dark chocolate (unprocessed/non-alkallized cacao powder) with tons of antioxidants and an ORAC value of 3,120 AND 3g of sugar. We're trying to keep our sugar grams down to 7 per serving. So, often times the kids ask, "Can we have a healthy chocolate?" I know. It sounds like an oxymoron.
4. "Honeyboy!" and I say it with enthusiasm. It's what I call Aidan. I just like to say it out loud sometimes because I like hearing it.
5. "Did you do your homework?" asked to Nicholas everyday; not that I have to ask because he always does but I feel like a better mom for asking.
By the way, speaking of Nicholas, he got asked to the Winter Formal at Timpview by 5 different girls. Of course, he said yes to the first girl that asked him. I just think it's pretty funny that he has been on two dates and they have been girls asking him.
6. "Leave the cat alone." Seriously, Aidan treats our kitten like a puppy. Luckily, he's pretty mellow.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take the Quiz and Share Your Results! You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.
Playing Opposites
I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)
Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??




2 comments:
Mine would probably be, "Jonah, GET DOWN." "Be nice to the kitty." and "Are you being mean to your sister?"
Well, none of those sound bad! I'm afraid that I might have some meaner phrases! But the #1 would be, "Mallory, leave your brother alone!"
Post a Comment