Does anybody else have this problem or a good cure? We recently finished our basement and now have toys in 3 1/2 rooms including the basement and a bedroom in the basement.
I like to think I am organized and have toys in plastic bins, etc but they are leaking out into other rooms and I'm so exhausted from picking them up all the time.
I know some people only allow their children to play in a certain room but I enjoy witnessing what they play so let's say it's somewhat controlled toy chaos?
If anybody has a good system or ideas on what to do besides give them away, let me know.
I also take some and store them - kind of like recycling.
I welcome any comments and/or suggestions.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take the Quiz and Share Your Results! You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.
Playing Opposites
I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)
Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??




3 comments:
I don't know...but if you get a really great suggestion, will you PLEASE post it?? Thanks...and good luck!
I do everything you mentioned: 1) get ride of junk toys if there are any, 2) rotate toys out, 3) there are "free toys" and "supervision toys". The supervised toys are put away and the kids can only access them through my permission. They only get my permission if all their other toys are put away in their places. 4) every type of toy is put in a group and each group has its own bin with a picture of the type of toy taped to the outside (so it's easier for my kids to know how to pick up and put away). Before I did this "grouping" or "categorizing" of the toys, keeping things neat and orderly was nearly impossible. but once I did this, the toys became more play-able and fun... it also made it easier for me to see which toys were useless and only good for cluttering. 5) the kids have an opportunity to earn points (by keeping their toys put away) which can be "cashed in" for fun little family trips (i.e. Chuck-e-cheese, Pirate island, Bookstore, etc.)
Toys, Toys, Toys, is right! Let ME know if you figure it out!
Post a Comment