Sunday, November 16, 2008

Timpview Goes to State! And Nicholas' First Date!

Yeah! So, Nicholas' football team won the state semi-finals at Rice Eccles on Friday and is going to the State Championship this Friday against Cottonwood! So, if any of you saw my son at church today or around, you may have noticed his noticeable, stylish haircut. He's not going through a phase (I hope not). It's tradition at Timpview for the players to get their hair cut or styled somewhat radically if/when they go to State. Nicholas and a friend decided to go with mohawks with lightening bolts on the side. I thought I would put it up since it may be the only time he ever has his hair like this (until next season, hopefully!)


Nicholas turned 16 in March but his first date was just a week ago. A girl asked him out! Actually, Renee is a girl from our old ward and a great friend! This is what Nicholas usually looks like. Whew!


Another angle for posterity!





By the way, it was freezing!! We bundled up like crazy, drank hot chocolate, jumped up and down like cheerleaders and managed through the game. My voice is hoarse from yelling so loud. Matt got a little embarassed. I can't help it. It's the cheerleader still in me.



Aidan has found a new toy (this helmet). He puts it on all the time. He is so adoring of his big brother. It's always, "Ni-Nis" (Nicholas) this or Ni-Nis that, football this, football that. It's so cute to see him get down in defensive back position and then asks, "Mommy, will say 'hike'
to me?"

I grew with brothers and a dad who were all sports fanatics so it's fun to "re-live" this with my kids!

5 comments:

Katie said...

You are a fun Mom to let Nicholas do his hair like this! I think it's great! Good luck to Nick and his team!

Katrina said...

That is awesome! Good Luck Nicholas!!!!

Unknown said...

Susan, I love Nic's hair. Hope they win on Friday! Go Timpview!!!
Talk to you soon, Jill

Nikki said...

I just found your blog, Susan. You have such a beautiful family. I love reading about how you cheer loudly for your son. He might get a little embarrassed, but at the core you know he's lovin' it.

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, for some reason it made me giggle to find out that you are a fellow former cheerleader :)

I'm a Esme! I found out through TwilightersAnonymous.com. Which Twilight Female Are You? Take the quiz and find out!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!
You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and appreciate the kind way you always handle things.

Playing Opposites

I have been discussing opposites with the kids lately. Today (Oct. 1 ) we were doing an opposites puzzle and Aidan was doing amazingly well (turned 3, 3 months ago). There was a picture of fire with the word "hot." Here's the conversation: Me - What's the opposite of hot? Aidan - warm. Me - Well, not quite. Okay, fire is hot. What is ice? Aidan - slippery! LOL :)

Aidan - "See, I can do opposites with my toes!" ??